Application | Visa
When should I arrive in China after I get the visa in my country?
  • We recommend you arrive one week before registration date. Most students can apply an X visa which is only valid for 30 days with the admission letter and JW202 form received from SNNU. Some students will enter China with a tourist visa for one month. Both X visa and L visa holders must apply for a residence permit after your entry to China, you need time to get the temporary residence registration form and do the physical exam before you apply for the residence permit. So we suggest you do not arrive too early, one week before registration date will be fine. You will have enough time to process all the procedures with the help of the International Student Office. Note: According to the laws and regulations of China, within 48 hours upon your arrival, you must register at the local police station if you live off-campus. Please take your passport, photo, contract and other certifications to the local police station with your landlord to get the Temporary Residence Registration Form.

May I apply for the residence permit with the “Registration Form for Temporary Residence” submitted out of Shaanxi?
  • No. You must present the Shaanxi “Registration Form for Temporary Residence”.

After admission, how long could I apply for the residence permit?
  • The valid period of the visa shall be within the valid period of the passport, and at the same time, shall not exceed the tuition payment period. If you pay for one semester, you will get a visa for one semester, if you pay for one year, you will get a visa for one year.

I am an international student studying in a Chinese university (senior high school), is it necessary for me to return to my home country and apply for X visa in Chinese embassy (consulate general)?
  • If you have the residence permit or other valid visa, you are not necessary to your home country for re-application and the school could help with the application.

If I apply for school suspension or quitting, is it necessary for me to change the residence visa into
  • Yes. Otherwise the residence permit will be cancelled forcibly and you will be put on the blacklist, which will affect the future entry into China. In addition, students of a few countries could change (shorten) the residence permit period by application to cancel the visa. The above two means require at least five working days for the procedures.

Friendly link: Shaanxi Normal University | China Scholarship Council | Overseas Chinaese Affairs Office Of The State Council | Confucius Institute Headquarters | International School of Chinese Studies |
Address:No.199, South Chang’an Road, Yanta District, Xi’an,Shaanxi    Zip code:710062    Telephone:0086-29-85307408 / 0086-29-85303761    Fax:0086-29-85303569
Copyright © International Students Office of Shaanxi Normal University    Technical support: MIO Technology